Sunday, February 22, 2009

CR7 delight at eight-point lead

Cristiano Ronaldo was pleased to grab the winner to send United eight points clear at the top of the Premier League.

Ronaldo conjured one of his special free-kicks to clinch a hard-fought and, he says, deserved 2-1 win.

“The most important thing is that we are top of the table and now we are eight points ahead of Liverpool,” Ronaldo told MUTV.

"I’m very happy that we got three points. It was a very tough game. The manager said before the game that it was going to be one of the toughest games of the season. He has experience and he knows better than anyone. We saw in the game that Blackburn created chances and they were a dangerous team playing on the counter attack.

“We controlled most of the game and had more opportunities. At the end of the day I think we deserved to win because we looked to score goals.”

Ronaldo felt that he was unfairly singled out for diving, when Rovers midfielder Morten Gamst Pedersen also took a tumble in the box and got away with it. “I thought Pedersen dived. It wasn’t a penalty. Pedersen dived and didn’t get a yellow card, but I dived and he did book me! But I suppose that’s just the situation of the game.”

But ultimately Ronaldo’s most important contribution was his goal after an hour. The free kick from the corner of the penalty area was struck with such venom and speed that Paul Robinson saw it late coming through a crowd of bodies. The Portuguese winger was pleased with the importance of the strike as much as how it looked.

“I was pleased with my goal, it was a good free kick and an important goal. I’m looking forward to seeing it on television!”


sumber : manutd.com

No comments: